Sub Main not found in project1

Ok here give this some thought.
i just added a references to system.windows.forms
may be my vbwizard dir is messed up.

its not loading the proper references to do the job.

hmmm

ok here is what i have done.

i took your first program rename it to windowsapplication.vbproj
and all of it files and put it in to the dir under the vbwizzard for windowsapplication. it loads up but with a error but i have a form on it.
just tryed somthing else. i deleted the scipt file and i think thats where the erros coming from.

is there any way i can get you to zip up that whole dir and let me check if its the files and not the main program?

thanks

ok beeen playing around with this. I think i know some what what the problem is.

it is the scrips. some how there hosed off my cd.

when i click on new windows application here the proses i think it goes through.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Vb7\VBWizards\1033\common.js is read

then
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Vb7\VBWizards\WindowsApplication\Scripts\1033\default.js is read

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Vb7\VBWizards\WindowsApplication\Templates\1033\WindowsApplication.vbproj is read

somewheres in the default.js im having the problem loading the module. which one not for sure yet. but also to add a class or a new form i think the scripts in winform are messed up.

i can run any code i download but i cant add to it form or class etc.

any ideals

Robby,

I did a search on defualt.js and came up with a thread that talks about somthing like what we bee talking about.

it had a link to another thread where i could d/l all of dir vb7. But couldnt get to it for some reson. anyways i sent a PM to Derek the guy who made the link to the thread. but havent got any msg back. so what it looks like that my scrips are just hosed.

thought i drop a line and let you know. if i find this zip file or any other place that can help ill msg you back.

tell then if you can still help great.

thanks

Robby,

Nope that is it ether. im going nuts here.

i know its a scrip problem.
but where.

i can trace the steps of opening a windows app but i cant trac the ls files.

Got to be one of the other dir under C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Vb7

but which one.

thanks for letting me check out your vbwizards. at lest we know there good.

ok i just went through all the templets andif it deals with a form or class
windows application its a no go. so its gt to be a script.

i thinking that one of my disks are bad. i called today to see if i could exchange it but i havent gat a call back yet. On hold.

dont you just hate it when you helpless.
thats the way i feel new toy and cant get the batteries to turn it on and play.

I have had this problem in the past, when I hit F5 to run the program I would get the error"Sub Main not found" . I had renamed my form and VB could not find it. My fix was to double click the error in the task list, and select my start form.

I wasn't sure if this is your exact problem.

Good luck

Brad

Unfortantly off of a friend in need.
where he bought it was form a resaler that wont take it back.
in the proccess of reinstalling my system to see if that helps.

Back