Redirection maintaining GET and POST data

I know, I have a similar option on my own forum. I just don't think it's applicable to this app. Thanks for the comments though! :)

You can also increase the session timeout period. One thing I want to note is that if your user needs more than 20 minutes to fill out a form, then I think you should reconsider designing your data entry form to span multiple forms, thats IMO.

Sure, if was a questionnaire type form I would. But it will be making changes to large amounts of data in a large textbox - no way round it. It's not that I expect people to take 20 minutes with it though anyway. More that it's quite likely to start then get interrupted by a phone call and then resume after - easily passing 20 minutes.

:)

My 2 cents:

What if the client machine is set to deny cookies and the user can't change the option?

And
Where exactly would one change the session timeout? There seem to be quite a few timeout settings littered throughout a solution and machine.config.

What if the client machine is set to deny cookies and the user can't change the option?

It won;t be for anyone who should have access ;)

Also as I'm only using sessions rather than cookies per se cookieless sessions where the session id is passed in the url is possible.

:)

Back