keycodev2.dll file is missing or not valid

grimmersnee

Newcomer
Hi all,

I have a created and deployed a vb.net class library that includes a crystal report. I have followed all the deployment steps advised by crystal decisions - including adding the licence key code in the properties field in the regwiz.msm file included in the setup package and I have the .net framework on the server on which I am deployed the package, I have also tried installing the .net service pack 2.
I am getting the 'keycodev2.dll file is missing or not valid error message. I have tried manually adding this file to the package, but with no luck. Crystal Decisions mention something about new and old dll packages, but I'm not sure what they are talking about and if it has anything to do with this error. If anyone could offer any assistance I would be a very happy kiwi, since losing the america's cup I haven't been the same.

I guess this technology is so new no one out there has ever tried to deploy a crystal report within a setup package...

I too had this same problem. What I did to solve the issue was:

Added a new blank setup project to my current solution. Once the project is created in your solution. Right click on the project. Click Add, then Merge Module. Find the regwiz.msm module and add that. Then under the properties for that file, add the license key you received from Crystal Decisions in the License Key field.

Make sure you enter the correct key. I believe you get a few keys/registration numbers back from Crystal Decisions when you register your product.

Also, you can try running this on both the dev machine, (then rebuild solution and deploy again) and the client machine.

ftp://ftp.crystaldecisions.com/outgoing/EHF/cr10netwin_en.zip

Thanks for the advise, but for some reason it didn't work.

I tried adding another setup project with the merge module regwiz with the licence contained inside. I didn't add any of the other merge modules in the new project, was I supposed to? And I didn't delete my old setup project, which contained all my other required merge modules. Once I deployed the solution to my database server and used .nets regasm and gacutil utilities to register the class library to enable my stored procedure (COM CLIENT) to instantiate the setup package was unable to.dll error', I also tried installing that patch, but nothing came of it.

I think I better explain a little more what I am trying to do:

I have wrote a little .net class library that reads xml from a file, when received I use this xml to pass to a crystal report (within a dataset) as a datasource and then I print the result in PDF. Everything works cool in development. The thing is a want to instantiate the class library via a stored procedure, therefore I have to use interoperability to enable my COM CLIENT to see it. Within my setup package I have included all the required merge modules - Database access, Database access enu, VC_CRT, VC_STL (I have set the module retargetable folder to the Systems Folder - in VC_CRT, VC_STL) and regwiz and I have included the 19 digit key code in the licence properties value. I have the .net framework installed on my destination database server as well. I don't have a clue why I am still getting this error.

Someone must have deployed a setup, which included a crystal report. If someone could offer any help or some detailed instuctions I would be extremely happy, cause this is really, really anoying me now.

This error it is deu to an invalid keycode. When you use crystal reports from VS.NET you need to enter the keycode, or at least in the merge module of the instalation. (license)

A valid One: 1231456789

I did enter the correct 19 digit keycode posted to me by Crystal.
To double check all I did was go to help-about and there it is - has documented by Crystal deployment pdf. I have posted this problem also to Crystal Decisions and I am awaiting their reply. But can anyone tell me something I don't already know?

KeycodeV2 mess

Hope this helps... I've fought this battle and here are my lessons learned.... First, if you are using .NET 2003 drop the regwiz.msm and add the Crystal_Regwiz2003.msm.

When entering the keycode, you must enter it as YOU ORIGINALLY ENTERED IT.. If you entered it with dashes, do that in the respective version of the .msm you are using. The standard is usuall xxxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx

Hope this helps

You have to add regwiz.msm and the database merge-moduls, too. They content the files keycodev2.dll etc.

grimmersnee...did you solve the missing KeyCodev2.dll...I to am having this problem. I'm creating a setup package for my app and I'm using Crystal Reports in it...

Hi,

I have also come across this problem and i have added all the necessary merge modules. However, according to sort resource, it say that when u add REGWIZ.MSM merge module, you will have to key in a license key. But i can't find where to key in.

If you're using the CR in VS.NET you can go to help>about and the code it there. If you're using 9.2 or whatever, you need to register the product that they'll send you the keycode.

keycodev2 error fixed, yet another error

I too had a problem with the keycodev2.dll, I registered Crystal Reports, entered the serial number into the merge module, deployed the package, and all was good. But now I get another error when I try to print or display the Crystal Report in my program. The error is: Load crpe32.dll failed. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

ak47350 said:
I too had a problem with the keycodev2.dll, I registered Crystal Reports, entered the serial number into the merge module, deployed the package, and all was good. But now I get another error when I try to print or display the Crystal Report in my program. The error is: Load crpe32.dll failed. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

The error Load crpe32.dll failed is related to the Crystal Reports Print Engine.
try the following:

1. this applies only to the Crystal Reports for VS.NET:
check if the version of your crpe32.dll is at least 9.1.2.555 dated 10/10/2003. if it's not then consider updating your Crystal Reports files using the latest merge modules ( Managed.msm, Database_Access.msm,Database_Access_enu.msm and RegWiz.msm for VS.NET 2002 or Crystal_Managed2003.msm, Crystal_Database_Access2003.msm, Crystal_Database_Access2003_enu.msm and Crystal_RegWiz2003.msm for VS.NET 2003 ) posted on:
http://support.businessobjects.com/mergemodules.
this hot fix should solve the problem.

2. check if the crpe32.dll is properly registered. you should consider registering it manually or modifing the existing registry keys pointing to crpe32.dll. be aware that this could mess up things rather than solving your problem.

crpe32.dll

version of crpe32.dll is 9.1.1.155 and downloaded Crystal_Managed2003.msm, Crystal_Database_Access2003.msm, Crystal_Database_Access2003_enu.msm and Crystal_RegWiz2003.msm for VS.NET 2003 but still it does not work :o

hope someone has the solution

well I did go through that,

I want to know that do i need to register crpe32.dll??
when i try to register it I got the error dllregisterserver entry point not found which means it cannot be registered.
do any one has any idea :rolleyes:

crnetruntime.msm
license.msm
mapping.msm
reportengine.msm

you can download these at business objects

if you are using ado as the connection then include

vc_user_crt71_rtl_x86.msm
vc_user_stl71_rtl_x86.msm

I always had problems deploying crystal but since i downloaded these modules and included them in my project no problems.

:eek: I am using Bundled version of Crystal report for VS2003 AND according to the document of business object we have only four module for crystal report bundled version for VS2003 they are
1)Crystal_Database_Access2003.msm
2)Crystal_Database_Access2003_enu.msm
3)Crystal_Managed2003.msm
4)Crystal_regwiz2003.msm
of which last two modules I included in my project.
merge modules u suggested was for full version of crystal report

:mad: but i did downloaded these modules and added to the set up
and agian I get the same error Load crpe32.dll failed. :(

help!help!help! :(

Last edited:
barski said:

this is rhe same document I was talking about which says:Bundled version of Crystal report for VS2003 have only four modules:
1)Crystal_Database_Access2003.msm
2)Crystal_Database_Access2003_enu.msm
3)Crystal_Managed2003.msm
4)Crystal_regwiz2003.msm
of which last two modules I included in my project.
merge modules u suggested was for full version of crystal report.

what do u suggest? :(

Last edited:
Back