dx9 poll about bad microsoft support for directx!

Is DirectX9 badly supported by microsoft?

• Yes

Votes: 47 78.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 21.7%

• Total voters
Hmm... I didn't find MDX to be that hard... Frankly I dont care about the documentation - there's a crapload of books out there for MDX.. and hell, you can even use the unmanaged books (whcih is what I do) and apply them to Managed.

Yeah i agree that the documentation isn't adequate, providing you with vague and hollow definitions (for example the explanation for Vector3.Multiply is Multiplies 2 vectors o_O!). So what? :p There's other sources out there... but since this is a poll for bad support from *Microsoft* ... they did release a few directX 9 books you know?

Take a look at: Microsoft DirectX 9: Programmable Graphics Pipeline... I heard its pretty good

-The Pentium Guy

When it came out the documentation was and still is lacking full VB.Net support, and I think that's the point, there wasn't any books at the time on this subject covering VB.Net with up-to-date samples which worked once you compiled them, this was due to the changes which took place after release.

I won't sugar coat it it was a pain in the *** at first until you realize the old prototype names have been branched into a more organized way, once you get the hang of it it's much simpler than the previous VB days.

MDX is better now, the old books that attempted to cover VB.Net became outdated, now there are a few more books than before, the documentation at the time of this poll that CBX made was true, the lack of documentation sucked and the poll results further back that up.

Right now there is no VB.Net examples in the SDK and I don't care what excuses anyone has, you release a new API feature set and expect it to be used to the fullest make some effort at making documentation available, don't just hand em a rocket engine and figure out how to start it, ya run into unneccessary error's then and chance blowin the rocket engine to nothing, then it's a waste.

The future is bright now, let's see some more samples, I'd like to see free videos online showing more code coverage, the more info. we make available to other developers, the quicker we can get the ball rolling to new and better things.

Back