Yet another easy (not for me) question

rifter1818

Junior Contributor
Yet another of my updated areas is giving me trouble,... my drawing of menus seems not to be working, all it is is drawing a 2d box (actually a 3d rectangle but all the z's are 0) the problem is that once i swiched it to textures it seems to have disapeared! help me please!
Visual Basic:
    Public Function LoadTexture(ByVal sName As String) As Texture
        LoadTexture = TextureLoader.FromFile(D3DDevice, sName, 64, 64, 1, 0, Format.A8R8G8B8, Pool.Managed, Filter.None, Filter.None, RGB(0, 0, 0))
    End Function
    Public Sub drawsquare(ByRef texture As Texture, ByVal x1 As Long, ByVal x2 As Long, ByVal y1 As Long, ByVal y2 As Long)
        Dim vbuff As VertexBuffer
        vbuff = New VertexBuffer(GetType(CustomVertex.PositionTextured), 6, D3DDevice, 0, CustomVertex.PositionTextured.Format, Pool.Default) 'create a new instance of the VertexBuffer object
        Dim vertices As CustomVertex.PositionTextured() = DirectCast(vbuff.Lock(0, 0), CustomVertex.PositionTextured()) 'lock the vertex
        vertices(0).X = x1
        vertices(0).Y = y1
        vertices(0).Tu = 0
        vertices(0).Tv = 0
        vertices(1).X = x2
        vertices(1).Y = y1
        vertices(1).Tu = 1
        vertices(1).Tv = 0
        vertices(2).X = x1
        vertices(2).Y = y2
        vertices(2).Tu = 0
        vertices(2).Tv = 1
        vertices(3).X = x2
        vertices(3).Y = y2
        vertices(3).Tu = 1
        vertices(3).Tv = 1
        vbuff.Unlock() 'unlock the vertex buffer
        D3DDevice.RenderState.Lighting = False
        D3DDevice.RenderState.CullMode = Cull.None
        D3DDevice.SetTexture(0, texture)
        D3DDevice.SetStreamSource(0, vbuff, 0) 'set the source for drawing the vertices
        D3DDevice.VertexFormat = CustomVertex.PositionTextured.Format 'the format of the vertex
        D3DDevice.DrawPrimitives(PrimitiveType.TriangleStrip, 0, 2)  'draw the triangle
    End Sub

full and shade modes

did you remember to set your fill and shade modes?

D3DDevice.RenderState.FillMode = Solid
D3DDevice.RenderState.ShadeMode = Gouraud

Back