WPF word picture

amitairoa

Newcomer
Hi!
I have a picture in WPF. The picture has words on it. I want that when the user hovers over certain words that I choose, a tooltip will appear with something.
How should I do this? Should I draw a rectangle over the words that I want and then access there points through code?
Any other ideas?
Please help.
Thanks a lot!

Do you want the tooltip to appear if the cursor is over the general area of the words or exactly in a point for a letter?

If you are just after the general area could you not put a rectangle over the words and put the tooltip on the rectangle?

Do you want the tooltip to appear if the cursor is over the general area of the words or exactly in a point for a letter?

If you are just after the general area could you not put a rectangle over the words and put the tooltip on the rectangle?

I want the tooltip to appear when the cursor is over a certain word.

Where does your picture come from? Is it static? (exists as a file somewhere) or is it dynamic? (is generated on the fly)

If it is static, you should be able to load in a few rectangle objects behind the words in the picture and set the tooltip on the rectangle object.

Where does your picture come from? Is it static? (exists as a file somewhere) or is it dynamic? (is generated on the fly)

If it is static, you should be able to load in a few rectangle objects behind the words in the picture and set the tooltip on the rectangle object.

It's static.
So, do you think I should draw rectangles(hidden) on the words I want and then access the points from code?
Could you please tell me how to do this in WPF?
Thanks!

Hi!
After adding the rectangle around the word, how can I determine if the mouse is inside the rectangle from code? In WPF of course...
Please help.
Thanks!

Back