Worst question

GenDeathRaiser

Newcomer
This is probably the most newbish question ever asked on these forums but how can I know what filed i need to pack with my program, as I sent it out and all users were like missing files and some were just getting run time errors. Is there anyway to find out what files I need to run it so I can pack them into the program or with it.

Firstly they will need the .Net framework installed and then any other files you have referenced in your project. If you are also making calls into things like MS Office they will also need to be installed on the target PC.
How are you currently deploying the project? After a build the majority of the required files will be in the bin folder. Also have you looked at creating a set up package from within VS to ease the deployment?

Well I believe one did, because the other one said you need .net framwork his said like violation exception with no details at all, like missing files. And another PC was missing MSCORE.dll I don't know if that's included with .net framework though.

Delphi only needs the .net framework to be installed. All other Local resources are compiled within the .exe. If you're using special calls to other dll's and programs, they need to be installed too.

Back