Working with stack trace

onez

Newcomer
I've started looking into stack trace and reflection class. I am only able to access method calls. Is there a way to get the local variables that were assigned? The stack has a big list of variables but I can't tell what they are.

I want to build a debug file that tells me what the program did in a very readable format. Any links or suggestions appreciated.

This same question was asked here not too long ago. All I can tell you is that no one could come up with an answer and that I for one can't decipher that raw binary data from the stack trace (which is a private field anyways).

marble_eater said:
This same question was asked here not too long ago. All I can tell you is that no one could come up with an answer and that I for one can't decipher that raw binary data from the stack trace (which is a private field anyways).

On other links there are possibilties that are very complicated involving CLR :confused: .

Anyways, my idea is to treat each method (process) into an object. So if one process reports a warnings or error. The XSLT log displays a chain to identify the problem with links to object props, etc.. However, I'm not quite sure how to factor in the time dimension to view the object's past state. I'm just a newbie coming up w/ ideas.

Back