Windows virtual memory Page File increases a lot, when running my application

teixeira

Regular
Good Morning for everyone,

I have a C# application that when running ~2 days it increases very much the windows virtual memory, taking windows xp displaying a systray message balloon telling that windows virtual memory is low.
The physical memory is OK about 300MB , but another thing (regarding taskmanager) is also the number of hanlges and I/O Writes that the application has.

Its all managed code, i only have an unmanaged active-x that makes image acquisition from a camera.
Code has some threads that access to a database, and writes every 3 minutes 4 BMP images abot 3MB in to disk, and some textfiles used has logs. .

Does anyone know how to avoid this, or does someone know how to handle this correctly?

TIA,
Tiago Teixeira

I'm user 3rd part control to get images, an active-x and a couple dll writen in c++.
I create a private varivel declaring the active-x that will show me the images.
i instantiate it once in the static class function i created for call when i need to get image, i set my properties also and i use it everytime i need.

i think is a good procedure doing like this.

i create ba single object and i use it all the time until program closes() can take weeks.

Any sugestion or comment?
TIA,
Tiago Teixeira

If you are certain that you are disposing all of the IDisposable objects that you aquire/create then I would say that the third party components should be your biggest suspect. Could you be more specific about what these thiry party components/DLLs do?

Back