Windows Installer opens on Application Start

tborn_n_mary

Newcomer
Hello,
there is a strange problem I have.

After installing an .net application with the windows installer (packed with bootstrapper) the windows installer opens every time I start the application.

Installation went fine. Application works fine, when I just cancel the installation process on application start. But it is a hazzle to do so again and again.

One thing is, it is not the same on all computers. On the computer with develper environment it doesn't happen. On a german computer (no netwerk) it doesn't happen. On a german computer (with netwerk) it happens. Even so I haven't checked on other computers with netwerk, since I have none in my access. On an US american computer it doesn't happen (with netwerk). (I 've made different language versions (culture versions)) and thought maybe here is the problem- but I've nothing which really underlays this thought.

Does anybody have a clue in which direction I need to search?

Thank you for your help.
Regards.
:confused:

That normally happens if a shared file your application relies on has been replaced by a different version. Are you using any 3rd party libraries or any non-.Net dlls?

It can also happen when an application is first installed by a normal/power user (not admin) and local registry entries must be written for other users when the first use the application. Are you using the registry to persist data? What sort of rights do you have when you install on the various test machines?

What happens if you actually let the installer do whatever it needs to do instead of pressing cancel?

Back