What's the Best book to learn VB.NET?

yasermerza

Newcomer
hi guys,
i am new to viusal basic but i have a liitle idea about vb 6 and not that much..
i want to learn vb.net from the beging so
What is the best book to learn VB .Net from???

thank you:)

OMG OMG!!! LOL!!

I had the same problem... about a month ago I got the book 'Visual Basic Step By Step 2003' and it kicks ! It comes with a CD with the E-Book and all the examples (20+). The book is VERY VERY easy to read and you go at your own pace. Im 3/4 done with the book. I think the book is 1,000 pages so it's big. Its worth your money, you won't regret it. It's made by an author who wrote more than 30 Books on Visual Basic, Word, Powerpoint, C, Java, Excell, etc. He is good author.:D

"Programming Visual Basic .NET" by Francesco Balena.
In Italy this book is considered "The Bible of VB.NET".
I bought this book last summer and i have to say that it's really well done. It also contains the electronic version (PDF) of "Programming Visual Basic 6.0" , so with about 70 - 80 $ (in Italy its cost is 75 €) you can buy two books.

Hope this help!

Good coding!

Mark

Last edited:
My recommendation is to go down to your local Borders or Barnes & Nobles and browse the books for yourself.

wyrd said:
My recommendation is to go down to your local Borders or Barnes & Nobles and browse the books for yourself.

Best Advice Ever. I did the exact same thing when I search for every book. I drive to Both of those stores since they are both in my city close nearby:D

Checking amazon.com reviews is also a good idea. I generally stick with books that have an avg. score of 4.5 with 50+ reviews. If it has 4.5 avg score with 100+ reviews, then you simply can't go wrong. That's been my experience, anyway.

Back