What is required to run .NET apps?

Rok_

Newcomer
So I make a program -> what must be done to run it on a machine that doesn't have .NET installed?

And can an install shield be made, that will install the app and all the things that are required to run .NET apps?

P.S. what really is required to run .NET apps? (dlls, settings, other files ?)

Hmmm... I didn't really find an answer there... I went to microsoft's .NET page, and it seems like the only way to get .NET apps working on a non-developer's computer is through windows update!

What if a user doesn't want to run windows update?
I'm looking for an exe or something that will make your computer able to run .NET apps.

The links to MS listed all the prerequisites - most of them can be downloaded and shipped as part of your distribution CD.
There is a VS.Net addin that can incorporate the .Net framework into your deployment package but IIRC the users would still need the other components first.
Also MS provide a sample of how to include the framework as part of your deployment here
If you are using a tool such as Install Shield then you should be able to also include the other components...

I'm asking this ehre so I don't ahve to create another thread...

Is the .NET framework required on every computer I want to run a .NET application even if the application is just a newly created app with an empty form and no changes made at all after clicking the New button. Is it needed anyway?

If you want to run anything but a web application then the client will require the .Net framework. For a asp.net web application only the server requires the framework.

Back