what have I done to my project?

hog

Senior Contributor
Right hope I explain myself ok for you to understand.

When VS Pro opens I get the startup form, which displays the last two opened projects.

So far my main project is one I'm developing for work. It contains the application project, a dll project and a setup project. When I used to run the app in design mode it would appear to only compile the application project and fire up in a manner of seconds. Not any more....

At the weekend I started a new project to learn graphics in VB for fun. The startup form no longer displayed my work project this morning, so I selected to open the project by navigating to it vis the open project dialog.

It opened but in solution explorer the dll project and setup projects were missing. I added them back to the solution with no bother.

Problem now is every time I run the app in design mode it compiles the whole shooting match, setup and all which takes a long time.

Is there a setting I should be modifying? It is still in debug mode, not release mode by the way:confused:

If you select Configuration Manager from the Build menu you can set which projects are built in which configurations. When I have a deployment project in my solution I usually set it to only build under the Release configuration.

Thanks Heiko, but I only compile the other two when I've made changes to them or when going for release mode. So during development time it's a pain having the whole thing compile when I am only modifying the application :-)

They should definatly add that to the new version of VS.Net... I mean damn, it couldn't be that hard. If they have flags that put a '*' on the end of the source file to tell you ifs been modified, then there should be an option to only compile thoes files. SIMPLE YET SO USEFUL!

Back