Web TreeView and Search Engines

NeuralJack

Centurion
I want to use a treeview as a nice organized way to create news headings and then the user can click on the heading to display the news content.

But i'm wondering if anyone can confirm that it wont mess up Search Engines. I mean I want the content of each treeview news story to be searched and indexed by the search engines. I guess i'm just wondering if all that code around each article could hinder SE results.

Oh also, is it normal for the treeview to make the click noise even if it's not posting back? Mine is, but i did a postback test and it isnt posting back.

For the SEO (Search Engine Optimization) I suggest a different approach. use a bulletted list for your headlines and a nested list for the titles. Then use a CSS to format the output.

Search Engine spiders find it easier to "crawl" through <li> items.

About the click sound, I have no sound card. :D

thanks eduardo, I wont use the treeview then. But, this approach seems more difficult than i'm looking for right now. I dont have much experience using client side scripting yet or web developing for that matter :D and i didnt want to take too much time settin this one up

thanks

For the SEO (Search Engine Optimization) I suggest a different approach. use a bulletted list for your headlines and a nested list for the titles. Then use a CSS to format the output.

Search Engine spiders find it easier to "crawl" through <li> items.

About the click sound, I have no sound card. :D

Back