Web site with a ???? so i can put up my crappy game

rifter1818

Junior Contributor
I really have about 0 knowledge in ASP.net but as usual i want to learn by jumping in the deep end and then trying not to drown so please feel free to make your answers very step by step/simple. What i want to do is create a page with a ?applet? on it, what ive done is created a rather simple game (Automoton, but extended it slightly) using C# and System.drawing (GDI?) so the not so simple next step is to fire the game on a website, but i have no idea how to create an area which i can render my game on. Once that is all sorted out you can face the wrath of my unstoppable 30 second AI (Make list of possible moves and choose randomly). Anyways Thanks in advance for your help.

Well #1 you want to look into where your going to host this game. And make sure they or if your hosting it yourself can run asp. #2 you might want to at least take a few hours and learn basic knowledge of asp; online is a good source. This way you can at least manipulate code that others have shown you. Since you know C, you know how coding works already which is a good thing :cool:

Im working on getting the basics of asp down but no matter how much i search i cant seem to be able to find how to access the GDI, the closest ive gotten is using it to create a image save the image and then load the image at site startup but that is a)done once and b)too slow a process for what i need. So i guess my real question is how do i create something that i can render to using a system.drawing.graphics object.
neodammer said:
Well #1 you want to look into where your going to host this game. And make sure they or if your hosting it yourself can run asp. #2 you might want to at least take a few hours and learn basic knowledge of asp; online is a good source. This way you can at least manipulate code that others have shown you. Since you know C, you know how coding works already which is a good thing :cool:

Found it

I had been searching for GDI + ASP, GDI in asp, GRAPHICS IN ASP GOD #*@* it etc, i plugged in C# applet and found what i was looking for, the trick is to program a dll that contains a controll (: usercontroll) then you can load it into the web page using one line of html, of course being .net it then only works in IE, only can be hosted on IIS compatible whatever so ill probrably just learn java anyways but using the GDI is so braindead easy, although i guess i could in theory use directx (mindless overkill).

Back