Walking Man DX9 Demo

hog

Senior Contributor
Ok here is the source files only, (NO BINARIES):)

feel free to modify/improve whatever and post back with plenty of comments for easy understanding.

It only took me all weekend but I can say now I think I have a good grasp of what is needed to create an app like this:)

The complete version with install app is available on my web site.

Attachments

I can't actually run that project, because I'm slumming it over here using .NET original/2002, which won't open .NET 2003 files. =(

But, I did notice one thing, and would like to offer a humble suggestion -- I think you'll be better off combining all of your .bmp files into one combined animation file.

This should drastically cut down on project complexity and decrease load times once your project gets to be pretty big.

There are various ways to wield that combined-image format in code, but Dan Peverill's (a.ka. Wyrd) GameUtil project has a class (DDGraphic) set up to help process those types of images quickly and painlessly.

I'll post my in-progress project in another thread so you can see an example of that in action.

-Hiro_Antagonist

It displays a walking man and you can choose the rotation type zoom in out etc.

I am aware of the multi .bmp issue but as this is not a game purely an educational distraction I simply used the files as is:)

I've tried doing a screen dump whilst it's running but it won't do it:(

or, if your application is running inside of a window (non-exclusive), you're probably better off hitting alt-print_screen, which will only capture the active window.

(print_screen by itself gets everything on your screen at that moment.)

-Hiro_Antagonist

Hi, yes this is the approch I tried, but when I go into Paint the paste option is not available :(

Aha, just used my PC at work and got the PrintScreen to work..

Here ya go caught in mid auto rotate:)

Attachments

Thnx:)

As I said before it is really only my input to creating a program supplied in the book I have, but I used stuff I picked up in the SDK samples plus a bit of my own invention to give the final result.

All in all tho a good learning exercise:):)

Back