VS7 crashes when adding member variables

JezzerP

Newcomer
Not sure if this is the best forum (mods feel free to move if you think I'd get more response in a different forum )

Anyway, here's the issue. Have recently started work on a project that was originally developed in C++ with VS6. The project is quite large (some 300 odd classes), and has recently been ported to VS7 to continue development. I am adding new functionality to the software. Problem is that VS7 crashes when I try to add a member variable to a control on a dialog. A black console screen pops up briefly and VS tells me that it's very sorry but it has to shut down now. Similar crashes occur when I try to add an event handler to a menu item. At first I thought it was just my PC not coping with the large project (it's far from state of the art), but this crash is occurring on other PCs in the office too. The strange thing is that it doesn't happen with other smaller projects. It can't be just us that's experiencing this issue, so any thoughts would be most welcome.

thanks in advance

JezzerP

what version of VS.NET, tried any updates from microsoft (if there are any i dont know), what happens if you just type the member vairables in? Got any plugins installed (i found total analyzer .net made 2003 kinda ropey)

Back