vs2003 migration to vs2005 with VSS

utilitaire

Regular
I've been working for 2 months on visual studio 2003 with source safe 6.0 with my partner in a new web application. After we managed to synchronize our work with source safe, I decide to upgrade to visual studio 2005. The main reason was the new tool that allow us to auto-generate resource files. This tool is supposed to loop through all controls and insert texts into the resource files it creates.

The problem I had with vs2005 is VSS. Visual source safe desn't seem to work no more in vs2005, am I right? The new source control is «team fondation». I just can't manage to understand how team fondation server is supposed to work. Actually, I understand how the client works. But how the hell can I install the server??? I found a guide on MSDN but It wasn't clear at all. Is it that complicated to simply install the team fondation server with vs2005??? Thank you for you help!

I need to say I uninstall vs2005 after having this VSS/teamp foundation problem. I'm waiting for a solution cause I cannot start the translation of my website. :confused:

IIRC VS 2005 comes with an updated version of VSS - although I would be careful of upgrading an existing VSS installation to a beta version.
However you should be able to use the standalone VSS client with a VS 2005 project.

However you should be able to use the standalone VSS client with a VS 2005 project.

Do I have to install VSS 6.0 after VS2005? I have tried this yet. I dont remember if that's the way I proceed for VS2003...

Back