VS .NET 2005 Memory Problem

tfowler

Regular
Is anyone else having memory issues with .NET 2005 Pro?

When I first start up the IDE, it takes about 15 MB. When I load my project, it baloons to 85 MB, which, see as how I have 1 GB of memory in this machine, is still ok. However, as I code, the footprint keeps growing, with my machine noticeably slowing. This is all without even running my application.

At one point yesterday, I think the "Mem Usage" in the task manager said that "devenv.exe" was taking something like 800 MB. With it that high, I was getting all kinds of errors in VS about it not being able to load files. I shut it down and restarted, and everything was fine.

My machine is a Pentium 4 2.8 GHz with 1 GB of RAM. I am running Windows XP Pro/SP 2. I would expect most applications to run pretty smoothly. Especially since the System Requirements on the box state 600 MHz or faster with 192 GB of RAM.

Todd

"192 GB of Ram!!" or is it 192 MB ?. If its the former, then we are all way too short of the requirement!!

tfowler said:
Is anyone else having memory issues with .NET 2005 Pro?

When I first start up the IDE, it takes about 15 MB. When I load my project, it baloons to 85 MB, which, see as how I have 1 GB of memory in this machine, is still ok. However, as I code, the footprint keeps growing, with my machine noticeably slowing. This is all without even running my application.

At one point yesterday, I think the "Mem Usage" in the task manager said that "devenv.exe" was taking something like 800 MB. With it that high, I was getting all kinds of errors in VS about it not being able to load files. I shut it down and restarted, and everything was fine.

My machine is a Pentium 4 2.8 GHz with 1 GB of RAM. I am running Windows XP Pro/SP 2. I would expect most applications to run pretty smoothly. Especially since the System Requirements on the box state 600 MHz or faster with 192 GB of RAM.

Todd

linesh said:
"192 GB of Ram!!" or is it 192 MB ?. If its the former, then we are all way too short of the requirement!!

I really need to proof-read my posts a little better before I hit the submit button! :o Yes, I meant 192 MB. :-\

Back