[Visual Web Developer] Where does my code goes?

GeorgeB

Newcomer
Hello members,

I am using Visual Web Developer. I added a data handling class of mine to a project just to realize it was not getting recognized. The problem is not of a name / resolution but of a location or other VWD rarity. I just found out about a folder called App_Code where my class does get known but I'm getting questions in my head now like: Does my general code (not codebehinds') must be located under this folder to the application would work? Sure is more organized and I will probably end up using it, but I still want to know if this is the only way.

Regards, George

I asked a smiliar question as well..if you do a search for my username, you'll find the thread...

My question was basically..where do I add my classes: class library or App_code...should I use WebSite model or Web Application model...

I've seen examples where data access layer was in the App_Code but I decided to go with Class Library and Web Application model...

www.asp.net has nice vidoe tutorials, you can download code and see how they've structured the examples. From what I've read, you dont have to use App_code;

http://www.asp.net/learn/dataaccess/default.aspx?tabid=63

Back