Visual Sudio.net problems

mike55

Contributor
Hi,

Have open my project from Visual Source safe, and have ran it for the first time today; I get the following genetic error: "Cannot find server"

I then close my solution and reopen it to be presented with the following error: The Web service reported the follwing error when attempting to create or open the Web project frontend located at the following URL: 'http://localhost/MyProject'. The HTTP redirect request failed.

The web service open without any problem. Any suggestions before I get a sledge hammer to the machine and source safe.

Mike55

Last edited:
Go the problem solved. Very strange, one solution that I saw involved removing the .dll and the .PDB file from the bin folder.

Deleted all instances of my project from my machine and created a new project from Visual Source Safe. I then updated all the web references. This seemed to correct the problem.

Still haven't a clue what caused the problem.

Anyone else come across this problem.

Mike55

Well... It seems that we have to place the project folder with the relevant files created in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot. A web server such as IIS (Internet Information Services) is required.

Back