visual studio 2005 has no templates for windows projects or any other projects!

fguihen

Junior Contributor
When i go to start a new project, and i want to create a windows app, i cant find the windows app template. there are no templates except blank template. if i add a blank template and go to solution explorer and try to add a form or new project all i am offered is sql analytical services and reporting services.
how do i go about installing all the templates that usually comes with visual studio? im running visual studio 2005, and i think its enterprise edition.

if i create blank project and try to add a form , i cant. all i can add is things like cursor, xml doc, , xsl scheema, html page and a few more things like that, but there are no forms or classes to select. am i working with a completely wrong version of visual stuido? it seems to be geared completely toward sql server

when i go to help , and "about visual studio", i get a list of installed products, shown below:

Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
Version 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 2.0.50727

Installed Edition: Standard

Visual Studio 2005 Team Explorer 77633-163-9000041-41175
Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Explorer

SQL Server Analysis Services
Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services Designer
Version 9.00.1399.00

SQL Server Integration Services
Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services Designer
Version 9.00.1399.00

SQL Server Reporting Services
Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Designers
Version 9.00.1399.00

its all to do with sql server. what do i need to install to give me the ability to develop c# app's?

Last edited:
Visual Studio 2005 doesn't work the same as Visuals Studio 2003, all the different languages were split into seperate installs (as was ASP.Net web development). It sounds to me like you have the wrong package. I could be wrong off course, I haven't got round to installing 2005 yet.

Back