Viewing my class properties!

BigSi

Newcomer
Hi - Iv'e only just recently migrated from using vb6 to .NET, and remember in VB6 you were able to find out the properties of a class quickly- for some reason I am having trouble doing this in .NET.

Is there a way of finding out the different subroutine properies of something like a my "textBox1" on a form such as its loosefocus event? - Im sure there was a quick way to do it in VB6 and I am yet to do so in .NET without looking in the help files for its properties - I think VB6 used to provide a dropdown list of these properties, and I cant seem to access them now in a similar way!

I hope you understand what Im trying to say!
Thanks,
Si

(a)
You are mixing "Properties" and "Events". There is a huge difference between Properties and Event. If you should think it is basically the same (it never was) - then I recommend a book on VB.NET. Honestly.
(b)
It still works the same way.
Select a control from the left box and then an event from the right box (in the code view).

Last edited:
At the top of the code window you should see two dropdown listboxes. The one on the left lets you select the object, then the one on the right will list all of it's events.

Hi,

Thanx for replying and for the help, it was just I had trouble accessing the forms events (such as its closing event) via this method untill I had realised that they could be found under the Base class events!! - stupid me :(
I apolagise for my mix up between properties and events too, I just couldnt think of the correct termonology at the time of writing.

Anyway, thanks very much for your help, I'm now getting back on track and getting more familiar with the .NET developing platform.

Cheers,
Si

Back