vbcrlf

LostInSpace

Newcomer
As you can tell...username is LostIn Space and classified as a newcomer...I'm in my 2nd week...what did you expect?
I am trying to get a multiline propertied textbox to display the equation (entered by the user) and the answer to the equation. I then want to drop down a line in the text box and enter the next equation and answer. I have gotten to where I can display the result of the equation using Me.SumTbox.text = Val(TBox1.text) + Val(TBox2.text)...AND I can display the equation with Me.SumTextBox.Text() = TBox1.Text + " + " + TBox2.Text + " = "...BUT I can't append the later statement to the first (error)...and can't get the line drop for the next entry.

Thanks

Set the Multiline property of the textbox to True to allow for
multi-line characters to be displayed correctly.

As for your concatenation, it looks like you have two different
names for the same textbox: SumTBox and SumTextBox. Which
is it?

Also, use the & operator for concatenating strings together, and
keep the + operator for adding numbers; it's a better practice.

Thanks Sysop, but what about displaying the answer along with the equation?
In my amatuerish way, I thought I could just append the code that got the answer for me to the other part I posted which displayed the user supplied operands for the equation. NOT!

Cheers in the UK

You guys are too good. I had several more replies before I could get my reply to Sysop. I think I have found a home to grow into VB and start supplying answers myself in a day or two. HA!

Bucky, it was a copy/paste mistake...The text boxes were named the same in code but I tried to shorten for the post and messed up.

Back