vb6 preference

lol

I mean automatically, it's sort of a pain to add '**************************** between every sub you have.

Last edited:
I assume VB.NET has some kind of documentation feature like C# (maybe?). In C# you can add /// comments. If you add them above a function, it automatically scans the parameters and creates little sections for them in your comments. Later, you can build documentation from those comments.

Why am I mentioning this? Hopefully just about every function you have has at least a one line comment to describe it's general purpose and intended use. If so, those comment blocks are a great way to see where one function ends and another begins.

You can also set up Regions in code, which are collapsable areas of code.

I know I didn't answer your question, but... I used VB for years and loved the function separater and loved it. I missed it for awhile but didn't find a way to get it back (not in VS 1.0). But after about a week, I didn't miss it anymore. It might be back in VS 1.1 but I haven't looked.

-nerseus

i just find it hard to believe, with .net as customizable as it is, a lack of vb6 environment legacy :-\

The item PlausiblyDamp mentioned is available in the VB.NET 2003 Standard edition. It is the version I am using to learn VB.NET from and I just checked and it is there and actually it is checked by default. I know it is checked by default as I have made it a point not to change any of the settings just so I can always tell how things are set at install time.

Yea, looks like 2002 doesn't have it, I guess I'll have to upgrade, thanks for all the feedback

Back