Using frames

mike55

Contributor
Hi all,

Ok, I'll start by explaining my projects layout when its is up and running.
1.User opens the first page which is a simple aspx page, default.aspx, with 2 textboxes for the user to enter their user name and password
If the user is successful then the following happens...
2.The page Admin.html will open. This page is divide into two frames, one on the left and one on the right. The frame on the left is constantly linked to the page meun.aspx which contains a third party menu tool. When you select an item from the menu the resultant page is displayed in the right frame. Ok that grand works ok

Problem: Have programmed into the project that the default start page will always be the default.aspx page. Therefore if anyone tried to bypass this page they will be dragged back to that page. Now when i run the project and specify the second page, Admin.aspx, the page opens and then displays the login page in the left hand frame. When the user then submits their login information and click ok, the Admin.aspx page opens in the left frame.

Any suggestions on how to overcome this problem.

Mike55

The best way? Get rid of the frames. The only situation that can and should use frames is when using a Tree-view control.

Back