using directX (directShow) to create a simple graphic visualization

fguihen

Junior Contributor
hi all. im new to the forum and have a directX question. i have to make an image move to the rythm of an mp3, which i am playing using directShow. i cannot find any help files on directShow so i cannot figure out what methods etc to use to get data from a playing mp3, so that i can use it in creating a moving image. i hope you can understand my question. thanks in advance all.

i am only starting c#. i have being doing it for about 2 months and know the basics. as for directX, i know very little of it. i only have made a simple mp3 player using directShow.most of that i learned from the net, as i cannot find any files telling me of the API's availiable to me from DirectShow or directX. does that tell you enough of my expirience? o, i am writing the project in c#

One of the problems you're going to run into is that c# (or .NET) is not very good at all for developing directshow. The managed DirectX SDK has very little support for it. In order to go about it you will have to use somthing called interop. However a better alternative is to get the the summer directx SDK release. In the C++ directshow examples is a very simple directshow filter that may help you get started.

fguihen said:
i am only starting c#. i have being doing it for about 2 months and know the basics. as for directX, i know very little of it. i only have made a simple mp3 player using directShow.most of that i learned from the net, as i cannot find any files telling me of the API's availiable to me from DirectShow or directX. does that tell you enough of my expirience? o, i am writing the project in c#

Back