Update data in database,where rows having same unique id

meenu chawla

Newcomer
Sir,
I have some problem regarding 'Update' query.
I have 12 TextBoxes,& for that i have 6 columns in database(SqlServer2000).
First 6 textboxes values are inserted in a database table having column id(say,1000)
then next 6 textboxes values are inserted in the same table having same id value(1000).Now I want to update that data in textboxes.But dont know how to do it?how can we set the values?when we have same columns ,but different textboxes.
Please help....

Meenu.

Then that ID is not unique. Is there another unique col you can use to base your update on? Can you change the IDs and make them unique?

I don't have any column which is having 'unique' values among the rows.But the two rows always have same value in column 'id'.Which means when I insert the values in those 12 textboxes,first 6 textbox values are entered in my 'detail' table as (1000,rest 6 values are entered in other columns),at the same time other 6 textbox values are entered in the same table in the next row & having values as (1000,other 6 textbox values are entered here).Moreover its not that 'detail' table will be having 2 rows always,it depends on the user how he enter in the textboxes(if he enter first 6 textboxes,then there will be 1 row,but if he fills other 6 textboxes there will be 2 rows having same value in 'id' column) Now how can I Update?
Plz help.

Thanx.

Back