unable to install DirectX9. "wizard was interrupted"

fguihen

Junior Contributor
the file unzips, installs, spends a minute configuring itself then i get a message saying "the wizard was interrupted before directX 9.0 sdk supper update could be completely installed. your system has not been modified. "this is really annoying. anyone got any ideas??

fguihen said:
the file unzips, installs, spends a minute configuring itself then i get a message saying "the wizard was interrupted before directX 9.0 sdk supper update could be completely installed. your system has not been modified. "this is really annoying. anyone got any ideas??

First of I would run the unzip process again, but this time make sure that the execute setup when complete flag is not checked, this will allow you to execute the wizard again if needed with out unzipping. Net there should be a not in the readme on running the setup (Must be run from an unzipped version) with debugging and logging, do this and have a look at the logs. If you can not get any further post the logs so we can look at it.

fguihen said:
Try a restart, that always seems to remove overhead!

Also, maybe try to run it in the dos prompt? I fixed some of my errors that way (don't ask me why)...

Last edited:
Back