Transfer Web App to another computer

Diesel

Contributor
What is the correct way to transfer a web app to a different computer (server). What I've been doing up to now is just editing the solution file, but Im having some problems with the solutions reading files from the original server.

I just moved my first app to a different server, but have not had opportunity to go back in and edit it with VS yet.

I just copied the directory where it was located on my development machine and moved it to production, then just had to set-up an IIS application for it.

Open your solution file in visual studio.net, Select each project individually and select Project, Copy Project from the tool bar on the top of the page. Enter the Destination project folder as http://IPaddress/ProjectName. If you are trying to simple deploy your project then, select "Only files needed to run this application" and click ok. If you simple want to copy the entire project to a different machine, then use the "All files in the source project folder." and select the Web access method to file share.

Hope this helps

mike55

Back