Toolbox

Heiko

Contributor
Hi there,

has anyone of you ever experienced the following odd behaviour (and can provide a solution or workaround) ?

I'm afraid I have messed up the project settings of my UI project (which compiles to the final .exe by the way).

There are several custom controls in the UI project. Whenever I pick one of them, look at them in design mode, a new entry is made to the toolbox in the "Windows Form" segment. This new entry has the typical "user control" icon and works just fine. I can put it on other usercontrols via drag & drop.

However, when I try to customize my toolbox by adding all relevant usercontrols from the exe file, the usercontrols get a different icon: A gear wheel (Zahnrad). Now drag & drop of user control *from* the toolbox *to* the designer won't work anymore. (Object reference not set to an instance).

This is obviously NOT a coding problem of mine, because it does work (as I said) under certrain cirumstances.

What can I do??

** Workaround **

New page in the toolbox: [myPage]

Open user control in designer --> new icon in toolbox on windows forms page.

Drag icon from windows forms page to [myPage].

While icon on windows forms page disappears after next start of IDE, the one on mypage is still there.

Back