Threading issue ???

Peteperson

Newcomer
Guys,
I have a terrible problem. I had an windows application (dot net 1) which was controling some tellers... Anyway, when I tried to upgrade to dot net 2, at a certain point where I just open a new messagebox the application ends so violently, that I can almost hear it. I think that the problem appears because this teller does what it does in a new thread. So, a thread accesses a control not created by it and this is something that the new dot net does not accept it. Either this or dot net 2 does not allow other threads playing with UI. I must also tell you that the error appears only when running the release version in win2000. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp.

Last edited:
The problem is that I receive no error... There are many try catch blocks which are simply bypassed !! The application just dies asking me to send or not the message to Microsoft... when I deploy the debug version everything works fine!! Do you know any differences between the two versions of .Net that could explain this behaviour ? I tried many things: invoke(), beginInvoke, CheckForIllegalCrossThreadCalls = false, but nothing worked. I'm desperate...

Back