The Famous KeyCodeV2.dll error ...

Gregory

Newcomer
I'm deploying an application (which use Crystal reports )on Windows 2000 machines where the user haven't got all the permissions (there are users with rights and not administrator).

When we install the application on this machine (log as user with rights), the reports work good. But if the user restart his windows 2000 session, we have the famous "keycodev2.dll is missing" error.

I think there is a problem with the registry (maybe the user can't access all the registry) but i'm not sure......

search this site for Keycodev2.dll as there are losts of posts re this topic

i saw the post with the keycodev2.dll error but not the problem with the Windows 2000 user.
I don't find a solution....

Hi! I suffer too much with the keycodev2.dll problem but finally I manage how to solve it (thanks to my friend Daniel Novelo).

The problem have a lot of causes, so you have to check the following:

- When you create your Setup project you have to add also the next merge modules:

For VSNet 2002:
regwiz.msm
database_access.msm
database_access_enu.msm
managed.msm

For VSNet 2003:
Crystal_regwiz2003.msm
Crystal_database_access2003.msm
Crystal_database_access2003_enu.msm
Crystal_managed2003.msm

For both:
VC_CRT.msm
VC_STL.msm

After that in the properties of the REGWIZ, in the MergeModuleProperties you have the License, there you have to enter the keycode (19digit with dashes) you received when you registered your Crystal 9.

With all of these I generated the setup and I solved the problem. I didn't have to register any dlls or set permissions to some registry keys.

My app was desktop w/Win2000, I guess it's the same for another platforms. I hope it will be helpful for you.

Bye!

Jahatziel

hi Jahatziel,

I tried using the steps suggested by u. but still i get the same error ie keycodev2.dll is missing.

do i compulsarily have to use a merge module. i am creating my setup using a normal setup and deployment type of project.

i am new to CR and dont know how to go about using a merge module type of project.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Meera.

I had this problem for a while, include the regwiz.msm file (found in Program Files\Common Files\Merge Modules and in your setup project select the regwiz file, view its properties and click the + in front of (MergeModuleProperties) which will reveal the field License Key. Enter the key you recieved when registering Crystal Reports inlcuding dashes eg: xxx-xxx. This should solve your problem

Hi Meera,

Yes, you really need the Merge Modules, because they contain a lot of files needed for the crystal distribution, including the license file.

The merge modules are not a type of project. You have to create a normal Setup project, in this one you have to add the Merge Modules Files, you can identify them by their extension: msm.
When you are going to add a file, the option "Merge Module" must appear, with this one you can continue.

Bye,

Jahatziel

Ok, in your Solution Explorer, select the Crystal_regwiz2003.msm, and when you click it in the Properties Window, the first one will be (MergeModule Properties), it has a '+', you have to click it an then will appear a box to enter your license key.
Remember to enter it with dashes.

Jahatziel

I see the problem. You're adding the Merge Modules as normal files, but they're not part of your project, they're references only. They have to be in the Solution Explores inside the "References" folder. To make this click (left click) your setup project (in the solution explorer) and in the popup menu select ADD and then will appear an option called MERGE MODULES... use this one to add your merge files again.

Good luck!

Jahatziel

Thanks Jahatziel. I too fell into this keycodev2.dll trap but after reading your post here it is resolved :):):)

KeyCodeV2- Invalid keyCode

I got error message when client's computer view my report. I already add all merge module. I follow the article from crystaldeciosions too, add user ASPNET to registry key for Interface and Typelibs. But I still got the error. Want can I do? This is very enoying me :( Pleassee somebody, if you have solution for me reply this . Thank you very much :)

Hi All,
My big screwup was that I was entering my Registration number, instead of the Product Code !!
When you register Crystal Reports, in the email you will get a line that says "Product Code: Your non-expiring code is ABX50-GK00000-PGC0063", except of course the code will be unique (so don't copy this one, it won't work!) to you.

cheers,
Tony

Back