The debug function now is not working fine in VS2008. Please !

miaomiaoga

Newcomer
Before today , the VS2008 is working fine. But I don't know why it doesn't work suddenly.

The first is when I press the "Compile" in anythime, The application will be compiled one time. But actually in before, It will only compiled by the VS2008 once ONLY the *.cs files is changed. It's a problem.

The second is I alway using the attach method to do the debugging with the application. Open IE -> Open Application -> Attach w3wp.exe in VS2008 -> Debugging.

And this is working fine before. But now even I set the break point in the source. The system seems can't JUMP to the break point. (Means the debugging function is not worked already)

Is anybody met this problem in before? It's very strange. (Reinstallation of VS2008 is a heavy job for me. So it's only the final solution for me. hehe...)

Thanks,

Benny Ng

(It's related to the FCKEditor 2.63? But actually i have already used it for a long time. So...)

I have tried to create some of new testing web application project. And everything is running fine. Even the debug function.

And also I tired to copy this project to another PC to compile. It shows the below warning message. I'm sure the case is comes from the that.

Here is the warning message after i compile the that project.

Thanks everybody, I really really want to solve this case. If not , i think the machine needs to get a re-installation. :(...

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Csc.exe /noconfig /nowarn:1701,1702 /errorreport:prompt /warn:4 /define:DEBUG;TRACE /reference:bin\blong.dll /reference:bin\FredCK.FCKeditorV2.dll /reference:bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.Cryptography.dll /reference:bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.dll /reference:bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.dll /reference:bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.dll /reference:bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.dll /reference:bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Logging.dll /reference:bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Database.dll /reference:bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.dll /reference:bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography.dll /reference:bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.dll /reference:bin\Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder.dll /reference:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Configuration.dll /reference:"C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.5\System.Core.dll" /reference:"C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.5\System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll" /reference:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Data.dll /reference:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.dll /reference:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Drawing.dll /reference:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.EnterpriseServices.dll /reference:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Web.dll /reference:"C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.5\System.Web.Extensions.dll" /reference:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Web.Mobile.dll /reference:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Web.Services.dll /reference:C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.Xml.dll /reference:"C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.5\System.Xml.Linq.dll" /debug+ /debug:full /optimize- /out:obj\Debug\TjCar.dll /resource:obj\Debug\UserControls.DateSelector.DateSelector.resources /target:library App_GlobalResources\Language.Designer.cs App_GlobalResources\Language.en-us.designer.cs App_GlobalResources\Language.en-us1.designer.cs App_GlobalResources\Language.en-us2.designer.cs App_GlobalResources\Language.zh-cn.designer.cs App_GlobalResources\Language.zh-cn1.designer.cs App_GlobalResources\Language.zh-cn2.designer.cs App_GlobalResources\Language.zh-TW.designer.cs App_GlobalResources\Language.zh-TW1.designer.cs App_GlobalResources\Language.zh-TW2.designer.cs Car\Car.cs Car\DataPart_DriverInsurance.aspx.cs Car\DataPart_DriverInsurance.aspx.designer.cs Car\DataPart_TrafficForceInsurance.aspx.cs Car\DataPart_TrafficForceInsurance.aspx.designer.cs Car\WorkingArea_BusinessInsurance.aspx.cs Car\WorkingArea_BusinessInsurance.aspx.designer.cs Car\DataPart_BusinessInsurance.aspx.cs Car\DataPart_BusinessInsurance.aspx.designer.cs Car\DataPart_Driver.aspx.cs Car\DataPart_Driver.aspx.designer.cs Car\DataPart_Paid.aspx.cs Car\DataPart_Paid.aspx.designer.cs Car\WorkingArea_Driver.aspx.cs Car\WorkingArea_Driver.aspx.designer.cs Car\WorkingArea_DriverInsurance.aspx.cs Car\WorkingArea_DriverInsurance.aspx.designer.cs Car\WorkingArea_PaidEdit.aspx.cs Car\WorkingArea_PaidEdit.aspx.designer.cs Car\WorkingArea_PaymentEdit.aspx.cs Car\WorkingArea_PaymentEdit.aspx.designer.cs Car\WorkingArea_Payment.aspx.cs Car\WorkingArea_Payment.aspx.designer.cs Car\DataPart_Payment.aspx.cs Car\DataPart_Payment.aspx.designer.cs Car\WorkingArea_FeeItem.aspx.cs Car\WorkingArea_FeeItem.aspx.designer.cs Car\DataPart_FeeItem.aspx.cs Car\DataPart_FeeItem.aspx.designer.cs Car\DataPart_Attachment.aspx.cs Car\DataPart_Attachment.aspx.designer.cs Car\DataPart_Insurance.aspx.cs Car\DataPart_Insurance.aspx.designer.cs Car\DataPart_Fee.aspx.cs Car\DataPart_Fee.aspx.designer.cs Car\Edit.aspx.cs Car\Edit.aspx.designer.cs Car\List.aspx.cs Car\List.aspx.designer.cs Car\WorkingArea_Attachment.aspx.cs Car\WorkingArea_Attachment.aspx.designer.cs Car\WorkingArea_Fee.aspx.cs Car\WorkingArea_Fee.aspx.designer.cs Car\WorkingArea_Insurance.aspx.cs Car\WorkingArea_Insurance.aspx.designer.cs Car\WorkingArea_TrafficForceInsurance.aspx.cs Car\WorkingArea_TrafficForceInsurance.aspx.designer.cs Compensation\Edit.aspx.cs Compensation\Edit.aspx.designer.cs Compensation\List.aspx.cs Compensation\List.aspx.designer.cs Default.aspx.cs Default.aspx.designer.cs Department\Department.cs Department\Edit.aspx.cs Department\Edit.aspx.designer.cs Department\List.aspx.cs Department\List.aspx.designer.cs Desktop\Desktop.aspx.cs Desktop\Desktop.aspx.designer.cs Desktop\Index.aspx.cs Desktop\Index.aspx.designer.cs Desktop\Menu.aspx.cs Desktop\Menu.aspx.designer.cs Desktop\Top.aspx.cs Desktop\Top.aspx.designer.cs FeeReceived\DataPart_Payment.aspx.cs FeeReceived\DataPart_Payment.aspx.designer.cs FeeReceived\Edit.aspx.cs FeeReceived\Edit.aspx.designer.cs FeeReceived\List.aspx.cs FeeReceived\List.aspx.designer.cs FeeReceived\FeeReceived.cs FeeReceived\WorkingArea_PaymentEdit.aspx.cs FeeReceived\WorkingArea_PaymentEdit.aspx.designer.cs FeeRecord\List.aspx.cs FeeRecord\List.aspx.designer.cs Header.Master.cs Header.Master.designer.cs InsuranceCompany\Edit.aspx.cs InsuranceCompany\Edit.aspx.designer.cs InsuranceCompany\InsuranceCompany.cs InsuranceCompany\List.aspx.cs InsuranceCompany\List.aspx.designer.cs Login.aspx.cs Login.aspx.designer.cs Company\Edit.aspx.cs Company\Edit.aspx.designer.cs Company\List.aspx.cs Company\List.aspx.designer.cs Company\Company.cs Properties\AssemblyInfo.cs Public\AttachmentDownload.aspx.cs Public\AttachmentDownload.aspx.designer.cs Public\Base64.cs Public\Common.cs Public\DataAccess.cs Public\Email.cs Public\Export.cs Public\GetMoneyUtil.aspx.cs Public\GetMoneyUtil.aspx.designer.cs Public\GetValueByFieldAndTable.aspx.cs Public\GetValueByFieldAndTable.aspx.designer.cs Public\MoneyUtil.cs Public\Password_Change.aspx.cs Public\Password_Change.aspx.designer.cs Public\Public_Error.aspx.cs Public\Public_Error.aspx.designer.cs Public\RoleRight.cs Public\Settings.aspx.cs Public\Settings.aspx.designer.cs Public\UpdatePrintId.aspx.cs Public\UpdatePrintId.aspx.designer.cs Public\User.cs Role\Edit.aspx.cs Role\Edit.aspx.designer.cs Role\List.aspx.cs Role\List.aspx.designer.cs Status\Edit.aspx.cs Status\Edit.aspx.designer.cs Status\List.aspx.cs Status\List.aspx.designer.cs Status\Status.cs SystemUser\DataPart_Attachment.aspx.cs SystemUser\DataPart_Attachment.aspx.designer.cs SystemUser\DataPart_Task.aspx.cs SystemUser\DataPart_Task.aspx.designer.cs SystemUser\Edit.aspx.cs SystemUser\Edit.aspx.designer.cs SystemUser\HTMLEditor.aspx.cs SystemUser\HTMLEditor.aspx.designer.cs SystemUser\List.aspx.cs SystemUser\List.aspx.designer.cs SystemUser\WorkingArea_Attachment.aspx.cs SystemUser\WorkingArea_Attachment.aspx.designer.cs Task\DataPart_User.aspx.cs Task\DataPart_User.aspx.designer.cs Task\Edit.aspx.cs Task\Edit.aspx.designer.cs Task\List.aspx.cs Task\List.aspx.designer.cs UserControls\DatePicker\DatePicker.cs UserControls\DateSelector.ascx.cs

Attachments

It's solved now!! :D

I try to created one new application.
and copy the application files from the old project one by one.

and removed all from the old project.

and clean the temp folder of .NET 2 (in WINDOWS directory)

and reinstalled the .NET framework 3.5 sp1.

restarted.

Then solved!

I think the problem 99% is in the old project file. maybe some dll or some another assembly files met problems. So once i removed all the older file. and create a new one. It's working now!

Thanks all!

Back