Tabcontrol and wordwrap

BobThePenguin

Newcomer
Hi
First, sorry if this is a crosspost, I posted at xtremevbtalk.com too.

I'm new to the forums and .net in general but I've spent the past two days looking for an answer to my question and hopefully someone here will have one.

I'm trying to make the text of the tabs wordwrap. I know this is easily doable in 6.0 using the SSTAB control but I'm in .net now and cant seem to figure it out. Ive tried using the SSTAB control in .net and that wraps just fine but it seems to be busted for use as an actual container. ie, I cant figure out how to add controls to each individual tab without them appearing on top of the SSTab control instead of in the appropriate tab page.

If anyone knows how to either A: enable wordwrap in TabControl or B: make the SSTAB control useful again I'd be eternally grateful.

Thanks

I've used some sort of tab control in VB6 (don't know if it was SSTAB). I remember having to use pictureboxes (because VB6 lacked panels) to contain my tab pages, and when the user changed tabs I showed and hid the appropriate pictureboxes. This should also be doable with the SSTAB in VB.NET.

Yeah, I was just hoping to avoid this seeing as how microsoft had a perfectly functioning word-wrapable tabstrip in 6.0 (btw, SSTab was a microsoft component you had to add, not the generic tabstrip that came already on the toolbox. It did everything you'd expect from the a tabstrip.)

While your suggestion would work I was hoping for something a little more elegant especially since the project I'm working with has multiple layers of tabstrips, each layer having a user-defined number of tabs and controls for each tab.

If anyone else has any other suggestions I'd love to hear them otherwise I'm prolly just gonna give up on the whole .net thing and go back to 6 for this project all for the want of a word-wraping tabstrip.

Thanks for the thought though.

Back