System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied.

pramodgv

Newcomer
Hi Guys,
I am getting this error while trying to load the web page containing the the interopservices.Basically i am trying to open an generate an .xls file on a click of the button which will popup in the form of report. This was working fine until i reinstaled the .NETFramework. Now while i try to load the page i get this error at the runtime. This is happning even on the remote webserver where i have deployed.I have set all the premission after going through a lot of articals please help ... This is what i get when the page loads..

Access is denied.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied.

The ASP.NET process is not authorized to access the requested resource. For security reasons the default ASP.NET process identity is '{machinename}\ASPNET', which has limited privileges. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET process identity.

To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the "{machinename}\ASPNET" user. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the Write box in the Allow column.

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
<system.web>
<compilation debug="true"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

[UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied.]
reporting..ctor() +13
ASP.reporting_aspx..ctor() +11

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly) +0
System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) +66
System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes) +277
System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes) +109
System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.GetCompiledInstance(String virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) +175

[HttpException (0x80004005): Failed to create page of type 'ASP.reporting_aspx'.]
System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.GetCompiledInstance(String virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) +349
System.Web.UI.PageParser.GetCompiledPageInstance(String virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) +43
System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, String url, String path) +14
System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, String path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig) +174
System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.Execute() +78
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +173

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.0.3705.288; ASP.NET Version:1.0.3705.288

if any of you have a solution for this my life will be for easier... :D

Back