System.TypeInitializationException

timed

Newcomer
I am a newbie to vb.net. I have a application that runs great in vb.net, as soon as I take the exe file and copy it out on our network i get a System.TypeInitializationException Error. I am programming in XP and using SQL7. Is there any reason that why it would work great in vb.net and not in a windows enviorment.
Sorry if this is a bad description or dumb question like I said I am a newbie.

This is the Exact Error that I recive
An unhandled exception of type 'System.TypeInitializationException' occurred in Unknown Module.

Additional information: The type initializer for "Shared.modSBLIShared" threw an exception.

I am having a very similar problem. The program runs fine on any system with Visual Studio.NET installed, but not on other systems, even when the .NET framework is present.

Secondary question, how do you enable JIT debugging in a VB.NET program? The MS help suggests using the following command line:

<JustInTimeActivation()> _
Public Class TestObjectPooling
Inherits ServicedComponent

This doesn't work - it won't recognise <JustInTimeActivation()>, and also my class already inherits System.Windows.Forms.Form, so I cannot also inherit ServicedComponent.

Is Forms.Form a member of serviced component? And am I supposed to replace <JustInTimeActivation()> with something more specific?

Thanks in advance,

Vulpes

Back