System Requirement!

KamandJJirbande

Newcomer
Hi,
I am a newbie here and have a question :
I have written my program and it's working great, without any problems.
I also created a setup for it so I will release it soon.
But there is a problem, all the software have technical specifications as well as :
1. Minimum system requirements
2. Recommended system requirements
I don't know how I should determine this information?
I only have one system!
And have no idea how it will run on lower systems?
Is there a software/tool I can use for this test?
I'll pay if it's not free.
I heard something about Intel Performance Analyzer and Thread Profiler, is this something I am looking for?
Please help me guys/gals :)

Without knowing more about what the application does then this could be tricky. If you use any 3rd party components then these may specify a minimum requirement you could use as a starting point.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8z6watww.aspx lists the requirements for the versions of .Net itself and might also give you a rough idea of a minimum requirement.

If your application is very cpu / video / memory intensive though then you are either going to have to make some educated guesses or see if you can try it on one or two machines of lower spec to get a feel for how well it behaves.

If your machine is hefty enough to run a VM or two, you can install Microsoft Virtual Server, which will let you setup Virtual Machines for which you can specify the amount of RAM they can use, as well as the percentage of overall CPU they are able to use.

This will help give you a good baseline.

Back