Strange error in ASP.NET

PROKA

Junior Contributor
Whenever I try to create a new ASP Web Page I get this message :

"Visual Studio cannot create or open the application because the Web server on this computer is not running. Start the Web server before proceeding."

So I go in Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services and I start the "World Wide Web Publishing" service . (the service was stopped, even if it was set on "Automatic" )

Ok so now the service has start .

I go back to ASP.NET and I get the same message . And Guess what ? The service is now stopped, if I check it out in Administrative Tools > Services . , ASP.NET Closes that service and then it gives that message .

It's like slaping your girlfriend and asking her "Why do you cry, sweetie ? "

I have no ideea what u mean by restarting IIS .
But when I try to create an ASP.NET Web Project, yeah, it closes the service :((

Do this ...

Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Internet Services Manager | Deafult Web Site | on the tool bar is it running?

or open Services in Administrative Tools and check if IIS Admin Service is started.

after I tried to create a new ASP.NET Web App and got that error message ... u are right, It closes that service as well . IIS Admin and World Wide Publishing are now both stopped .

If I start the FTP Publishing service as well ( I have to start it manually although it is set on "Automatic" ... weird ) ... now the error message I got it's : "Visual Studio .NET cannot create or open the application. Web site 'http://localhost//whatever' not started on this Web server.

Back