StatusStrip extra unwanted space

bjwade62

Centurion
I have extra unwanted space at the end of a StatusStrip. No matter which property I change, nothing gets rid of it. I have attached an image.

Attachments

Try either setting the SizingGrip property to False or setting the last panel's Spring property to True.

Thanks Marble Eater. I already tried both of those. I forgot to mention that the StatuStrip is in a SplitContainer. Not sure if that makes a difference?

marble_eater said:
Try either setting the SizingGrip property to False or setting the last panel's Spring property to True.

I'm reaching here, but it looks like your using Windows 2000 visual style. Does changing to XP Visual Style have an impact on the positioning?

Actually it is using XP Visual Style. Thanks anyway.

mskeel said:
I'm reaching here, but it looks like your using Windows 2000 visual style. Does changing to XP Visual Style have an impact on the positioning?

You application is using visual styles? Did you make a call to Application.EnableVisualStyles before Application.Run (or did you enable visual styles in the project settings)? Because it certainly looks like they are being rendered with the old 3D graphics.
[Edit]I assumed the status strip had an XP look. Never mind.[/edit]

Last edited:
I know I'm using XP style (rounded 3d edges etc) in one of my applications and upon further inspection the space is present there too. It just happens to be covered up with a size grip and isn't very noticable. The spacing seems to be a perfect fit for a size grip. Perhaps the spacing is there to play nicely with a form's size grip? If that spacing weren't there, text in your status strip might be covered when you enable the form's size grip and I bet it's pretty complicated to get the satus strip to shift automatically depending on whether a size grip is enabled or not.

But that really doesn't help you get rid of it. Sorry.

The old status bar control doesn't do this. I guess this is just something that you have to deal with when using the status strip control.

I fixed it. It was a combination of settings. AutoSize and spring both need to be set to false. Thanks to all those who replied!

Back