SQL Server 2000 + Web Services

mike55

Contributor
Yo

Am transferring a project from MYSQL to SQL SERVER 2000, the OS of the machine is Windows Server 2003 and the language that i am using is VB.NET.

Have successfully connected to the SQL Server with a ASP.net application however when i try to do the same process with a web service i get a message telling me that the page cannot be displayed.

The connection string that i am using is:

conSQL.ConnectionString = "Integrated Security = SSPI;" & _
"Data Source = Ivertec_COLOCAT; Initial Catalog = Ivertec;" & _
"Connection Lifetime = 120;"
conSQL.open

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Mike

Sounds like it might be a connection issue. But if you have already connected using asp.net then the ASPNET user should have rights to hit the db. Were you using impersonation when you got asp.net to hit the db?
With impersonation you can have your code run under another username, one with more privileges than ASPNET.

Have you tried debugging the web service to see which line is causing it to choke? If it's right on the line where you open the connection and the string hasn't change I would say it was permissions.

But what the hell do I know. I can't even get snappy quotes to appear at the bottom of my posts. Although I did figure out the avatar. Acckkk!!!

Back