Spell Checker

jimday1982

Newcomer
I have a program with 100 text boxes. I'm looking for the absolute simplest way to check the spelling of the contents of these boxes and offer suggestions for misspellings. I have looked and looked for ways to do this, but have come up short. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

The only solution that I can think of is referencing MS Word, keep in mind that the end users need Word installed on their machine.

If you want to go that route, let us know.

There are other third party controls and objects that provide spell checking. In general, I'd imagine any solution is going to involve some kind of looping to check each textbox's contents against some database of words. Using a 3rd party control/object would probably be easiest, but most costly (next to having all your users having Word - unless they already have it).

You could also look into using Google's WebServices, which includes a spell checker. I only played around with it and it IS limited (like 1000 or 10000 hits per month or something) unless you pay. Just another thought.

-Ner

Robby-

Being on a budget of about $0, I guess the MS Word solution will have to work. If you could point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Back