Special String Characters

Ralphzehunter

Newcomer
This is probably a really simple question, but what do "/r" and "/n" togethor ("/r/n") signify in C#? If you know what they mean, do you know what the equivalent of that string is in vb.net?
I am actually a vb.net programmer, and trying to learn how to use sockets. As there aren't exactly many tutorials in vb.net, I decided to look up tutorials in C#. I can translate it all, except for this one piece. So could you help me?

Ralphzehunter said:
This is probably a really simple question, but what do "/r" and "/n" togethor ("/r/n") signify in C#? If you know what they mean, do you know what the equivalent of that string is in vb.net?
I am actually a vb.net programmer, and trying to learn how to use sockets. As there aren't exactly many tutorials in vb.net, I decided to look up tutorials in C#. I can translate it all, except for this one piece. So could you help me?

The equivalent in VB.NET is VbCrLf which is a carriage return line feed. The /r is a carriage return and the /n is a line feed I believe, though not sure...

Last edited:
Back