Some issues on the display of data and table format

a1jit

Regular
Hi Guyz,

I need so help here..
I just need some idea here on formatting the table..Actually if you look at the image attached..i want to contruct that kind of table..I know its preety simple..just some html tables tags will give me that table...

But here is my problem..Actually i have an outer loop an inner loop..The outer loop gives me the data in 'Item Column' and each Item has its sub-item..Like that sub-item of Item (1) is

Info1 user1
Info2 user2
Info3 User3

And each of this subitem is the result of the inner loop (1 loop in the inner loop gives you 1 info and 1 user, then the next inner loop gives you next info and users) ...So each of the subitem is evaluated against certain rule to get its phase..Like Info1 (that is obtained in the inner loop ) belongs to Phase1 after some evaluation is done..

So my question is, how do i get the table formatted so i get the table displayed in the attachment? Because once all the subitems for a particular item is obtained, then only i can start constructing the table for item1..

So how do i construct this table actually? do i need to store the items in an array first then combine it with <td> and <tr> or any idea? i really dont know how to get started..ANY idea/reference/guide ...really appreciate if someone could guide me here...

Thank You,,

Attachments

Well obviously your going to use a plain data repeater.

Your item td tag will have the row span eqaul to the number or records for that particular row.

It would be a bit challenging, but with your repeater looking at parent/child relationships you should be able to come up with something - it may not be elegant, but if it works so be it.

Back