Smart Device Extensions??!!

FieldDoc

Newcomer
I am teaching myself Visual Basic with my copy of VB.NET 2002. I am really enjoying it but i only started to learn because I have a few ideas for my Pocket PC.

I tried using the embedded VB SDK from MS but found that it lacked tonnes of features that VB.NET 2002 offers.

I have been reading about an add-in for VB.NET called "Smart device extensions" that apparently allows you to write programs for the PPC using the VB.NET 2002 IDE. This would be perfect.

However, the links to this download have now been withdrawn and I can't find them anywhere!!! It seems that VB.NET 2003 offers it as standard. However, I only bought 2002 3 weeks ago and can't afford to pay £90 for 2003 standard edition!! Is there any way to buy the SDE add-in for Visual Basic.NET 2002? Please say there is!

Not really. You can only upgrade if you have visual STUDIO, I have visual BASIC only. This is ridiculous.....I'm not spending £90 on a brand new version, when the one I have is only a few weeks old!
Someone must have kept a copy of the beta SDE download, surely?
Please help. At least I bought my copy of Visual Basic and didn't warez it....I feel i'm being ripped off.

Help!

Back