Slow Button Captions.

Legend

Newcomer
We produced a utility program, and got this feedback from someone who installed it on their PC. I can't for the life of me work out what could cause this...

Sad to say, I've got a bug, be it a cosmetic one.

When I start it, it opens, but the captions on the buttons aren't there, it just blank.

The functionality is there, and the tool-tip text is there to, just not the basic caption.

When I click to open a file, I can open it and after a while, et voila, the captions appear. :confused:
Just noticed while typing this post, the buttons appear also when doing nothing, it just takes about 5 minutes.

BTW, I've got .NET framework v 1.1.4322 freshly installed and a P3, 750 MHz.

Now - these buttons are just standard windows forms. The button captions are defined at design-time, and the only issue with them is that a couple get hidden then unhidden.

I really have no idea about this - any thoughts? :confused:

Its just tidier. One of the buttons is for looking at archived files - not all users will have access to the archive, so why even show them the button?

That's not really the point though - buttons that are visible all the time don't have the captions showing up.

What OS is the user running? It doesn't look like there's anything on MSDN about this, at least not that I could find with a quick search.

Back