shell.sendkeys issue

laroberts

Freshman
I am having a really strange thing happen to me when I am attempting to use shell.sendkeys on a program called INFOConnect Accessory Manager for UNISIS. Here is the code:

private sub sendkeys (byval key as string)

shell.sendkeys(key)
threading.thread.sleep(500)

end sub

private sub button2_click (byval sender as system.object, byval e as system.eventargs) handles button2.click

shell = new iwshruntimelibrary.wshshell
shell.appactivate("Accessory Manager")
threading.thread.sleep(900)
sendkeys("Pack Spring")

end sub

Now when I try this it spells out: ack ing

Thats it!!! :-(

I have tried everything to get it to put the rest of the letters in there. I even tried changing it to PPPPPPpppppach Spring and it still droped all the P's.

Any ideas as to why it just will not show certain letters and how to fix it maybe?

Thanks!

****UPDATED****

Ok I have figured out this much, the program I am attempting to talk to will not take any letters past O. Figure that one out. I have tried breaking it up and everything but if its a letter past O it will not show it.

For example if I send: abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
It will stop at O
Even if I break that whole line into half or just send the second half it will not show.

Last edited:
Is this VB.NET code? If so, shouldn't it just be Microsoft.VisualBasic.Interaction.AppActivate() and System.Windows.Forms.SendKeys.Send()?

More...

No the code is right and works on everything else just not on this but I think I found the problem. The software its talking to is UNISIS. I found they use some sort of interpiter using InterCom so I think this is whats screwing me. Hell I even tried using chr characters and still nothing past O. I am going to e-mail them and see what they say.

Back