Setup Project Issues

airdrie_boy

Newcomer
Hi there,

After recently completing my first dotnet application, I am struggling to create an installer which will do my required tasks.

I have 2 main projects, one is a windows forms application, and the other is a word add-in, both of which use various other projects which have been compiled into dll's.

The first question I have is that since the word add-in was nice enough to create its own installer, should I somehow link this in or just add the main output from the word add-in to my Setup Project?

I also wish to add data to the registry based on the install, such as where the user selected to install the program, surely this is a common request?

Also common is an EULA, which seems strange to me to be missing from a Setup program these days, is there perhaps a custom dialog which someone has created somewhere?

Most importantly, I've used some Windows components which are not part of the standard windows install, and so the user may need to install from their Windows CD. I read some websites on unattended install scripts, and created one which performed the tasks I required, along with the related batch file to kick the thing off. All I need to find now is how to do a check for these components, and how to run the batch file if the check fails.

Any help is much appreciated!

airdrie_boy said:
Hi there,

After recently completing my first dotnet application, I am struggling to create an installer which will do my required tasks.

I have 2 main projects, one is a windows forms application, and the other is a word add-in, both of which use various other projects which have been compiled into dll's.

The first question I have is that since the word add-in was nice enough to create its own installer, should I somehow link this in or just add the main output from the word add-in to my Setup Project?

I also wish to add data to the registry based on the install, such as where the user selected to install the program, surely this is a common request?

Also common is an EULA, which seems strange to me to be missing from a Setup program these days, is there perhaps a custom dialog which someone has created somewhere?

Most importantly, I've used some Windows components which are not part of the standard windows install, and so the user may need to install from their Windows CD. I read some websites on unattended install scripts, and created one which performed the tasks I required, along with the related batch file to kick the thing off. All I need to find now is how to do a check for these components, and how to run the batch file if the check fails.

Any help is much appreciated!

Hi.
I need to make a script like that. Can you should?
To check for those components, you can look inside the registry.

Back