Setup, Orca, and C++

Worrow

Regular
What I want to do is trying to display some custom message inside the installer. I want to replace the "Please insert Serial Number" message with something else. So I used Orca open the msi file and searched where exactly the message belongs. I found out that a Control named 'SerialBodyText' contains this message. But the problem is it doesn't got a property name. So I name it 'SBT' and saved it. Inside my c++ dll, I have something like this:

MsiGetProperty(hInstall, TEXT("SBT"), szMessage, &dwBuffer);
MessageBox(NULL, szMessage, "Setup", MB_OK | MB_ICONEXCLAMATION | MB_SETFOREGROUND);

I expected the exact same message shows up from the messagebox. Instead, I got an empty string. I have used the same code and tried some other property (which has build-in name) like PIDKEY. It worked just fine.
Did I miss something important? Any help? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

I have re-visited the setup program last night. Found out that the [SBT] property is actually there. But it is just an extra text variable, not the display message itself. It won't show inside the message. Basically, it is useless for a TEXT control. I am stilling looking for a way to access this message... :(

Back