SetCooperativeLevel question

EK1

Freshman
Is there a way to use SetCooperativeLevel with a window handle instead of using System.Windows.Forms.Control in .NET?

Not that I know of. Why would you want to use a handle? The only reason I can think of to NOT use a window handle is because you're trying to use another process's window handle?

-Ner

I created a window using API's instead of Windows.Forms. I like your idea though. Is something like that possible?

Capturing on another process's handle? I don't think so, but I don't know that much about it.

Why in the world would you want to create your own window through the API? If you need to capture windows messages or whatnot, you could always override the WndProc in your form.

-Nerseus

I'm trying to get DXSpy to work with the samples in the SDK. I thought I need to register the window but that still doesn't work. Any ideas on why DXSpy doesn't work?

According to the docs, DXSpy only supports DX7 and DX8. I haven't tried it, but it sounds like it won't work with DX9. Since the doc was very vague about what it does, it's hard to say how it's intercepting calls. How does it say you "attach" it to a window? Does it intercept ALL calls to all windows using DirectX, or are you supposed to point it at a window like with the normal Spy tool?

-Ner

Well I didn't look at it in detail, but I don't see where you'd need a window handle anywhere? it appears to intercept at the EXE level (?) somehow. You have to replace your d3d9.dll with the one in the package though...

Are you trying to implement code in your app to use D3DSpy? I saw two short samples but neither of them needed a window handle either, that I could see.

-Ner

Back